Thursday, September 20, 2007

Surreal

So now it's time to be serious, which I hardly ever am. Today was a rather strange day, came home from class had a break before playing bass at 2, and the phone rang. It was my brother, he was upset, Lisa my sister had just called him to tell us she was just diagnosed with breast cancer. My first reaction, and it still is my reaction, was that she will be fine, they caught it early enough and she is scrappy so she will be ok. My dad, however can only think of how his mother died when he was 7 of, you guessed it, breast cancer. Some of you know my sister and your prayers would be appreciated if you are into that sort of thing. It still is kind of surreal for me, but I don't know what it is I just don't feel worried about it, like everything is going to be ok. My sister is a strong woman of God and she is truly showing her character through this. Her and her husband Steve have an amazing relationship which I would hope to pattern my own after some day. She is meeting with her pastor right now, he came over to her house. Also Lisa has 3 daughters, I don't know how they will react to all of this but if it is anything like their mom they will be just fine. So if any of you who know her, or those who don't, are so inclined please include her in your prayers.

4 comments:

rev rock said...

That really sucks man. We will be with your family in prayer.

MamaSue said...

Oh, Evan, of course we will be praying for Lisa and your entire family. She's a strong girl; she'll be a good fighter. MamaSue

TheEpicBeat said...

Hey man. I'm praying for Lisa. I'll call you tomorrow.

escamillaweddings said...

praying...